POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : setting background transparency : setting background transparency Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  setting background transparency
From: Alex McMurray
Date: 5 Jul 2007 17:25:25
Message: <468d61c5@news.povray.org>
Hello all,

I'm trying to come to grips with setting background transparency into a
mapped image.

eg, I have a photograph of a person, in photoshop I have erased the
background and made it transparent leaving only the image of the person,
In Povray, I have mapped the image onto a surface, in this case a cube with
nearly zero depth, I need the cube made transparent, but leave the image of
the person solid.
I have followed the help manual but maybe I am not understanding it
properly, as all the image is made transparent.
Any further help will be gladely accepted before I lose any more hair.

Alex.